Implementing Social Distancing on Transportation
· Institute measures to physically separate or create distance of at least six feet between all youth. This may include asking members to enter and exit the bus through rear doors, while allowing exceptions for persons with disabilities.
· Close every other row of seats.
· Increase fleet.
· Reduce maximum occupancy of buses and increase service on crowded routes as appropriate.
· Provide physical guides to ensure that youth remain at least six feet apart while on vehicles and at stops. For example, floor decals, colored tape, or signs to indicate where youth should not sit can be used to guide them.
· Install physical barriers, such as sneeze guards and partitions on transit vehicles to the extent practicable.
Restrict routes between areas experiencing different levels of transmission.
· Clean, sanitize, and disinfect frequently touched surfaces at least daily.